Benzema has not contacted the French staff since his departure from Qatar before the start of the World Cup.
Deschamps selected Benzema as part of his 26-man squad, and the former Lyon man made the trip to the Middle East.
However, the 34-year-old attacker picked up a thigh injury that ruled him out of the tournament. He left the French camp and returned to Madrid to continue his rehabilitation.
Benzema’s entourage are reportedly unhappy with how the France staff handled the injury. They believe the intensity of training on the day he picked up the knock was too much.
The Ballon d’Or winner wanted to stay with the France squad, which would have given him time to recuperate and potentially play at the tournament. But Deschamps sent him home.
Benzema returned to training with Madrid around a week ago. He even played in the club’s friendly with Leganes three days ago. If he stays injury-free, he will be ready to start when La Liga resumes on December 29.
Reports from France claim that the relationship between Benzema and Deschamps has broken. The pair already had issues when the manager refused to call up the striker for games due to his court case with Mathieu Valbuena.
Benzema’s incredible form for Madrid since the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo forced Deschsamps’ hand. But despite his super club form, Benzema struggled a little with the French set-up.
There were rumours that everyone believed Olivier Giroud fits better for how France play.
This new case has brought further tension between Deschamps and Benzema. It will be interesting to see this one play out with the 2024 European Championship qualifiers around the corner.
Benzema has sent a good luck message to his teammates ahead of the final against Argentina. He will not attend the game in person after rejecting France president Emmanuel Macron’s invitation.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback