Les Bleus are finishing their preparations for the World Cup final against Argentina, but Giroud was absent from the session.
The AC Milan striker is out with a knock. Thuram started on the left wing while Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe played as the striker.
This set-up is the same one France played towards the end of their semi-final win over Morocco. Thuram helped stretch the Moroccan defence down the left, allowing Mbappe to do damage via the middle.
However, Giroud’s knock is a massive blow for France head coach Didier Deschamps. He relies on the 36-year-old striker for goals and his link-up play.
Giroud knows how to bring his teammates into the game. The former Chelsea and Arsenal star is also an escape valve when France go long.
He is one of the top scorers at the tournament in Qatar with four goals. It is not set in stone that Thuram will start tomorrow but missing one of the final sessions is not good news for Giroud.
The session saw all 24 available players return to action for Les Bleus. They are ready despite fears that the flu going around the French camp may affect them.
Ibrahima Konate, Raphael Varane, and Dayot Upamecano have been under the weather recently. Varane and Konate were imperious against Morocco, but Deschamps may return to the Varane and Upamecano pairing.
AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez and Real Madrid midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni also resumed training after missing sessions with knocks.
The pair were doubtful for the final, but they recovered in time and will likely start the game.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped