Leeds United sealed an impressive victory on Friday over Real Sociedad in a mid-season friendly before they return to Premier League action.
Jesse Marsch picked a strong team but they failed to make a good start as Sociedad scored the opener after just 10 minutes.
Martin Zubimendi netted the first goal, heading home a cross from Brais Mendez. However, the Whites made an impressive comeback as Pascal Struijk netted the equaliser with a superb strike from the edge of the box.
The score was 1-1 at the break, but it didn’t take long for Leeds to score another goal following the restart.
A fortunate deflection put the ball in Rodrigo’s path and the 31-year-old hit the back of the net with a reversed left-footed finish.
Marsch’s side will now take on Monaco in their last mid-season friendly before resuming their league campaign on December 28.
They will welcome Manchester City to Elland Road in a challenging fixture. The latest Leeds United news shows the Whites are just two points above the relegation zone.
Marsch was on the brink of getting sacked in October following the 3-2 home loss against Fulham.
But the American manager inspired his side to a huge victory at Liverpool before beating Bournemouth to relieve some of the pressure.
Leeds also fought hard at Tottenham Hotspur in their final game before the World Cup break.
However, they were forced to return empty-handed after Rodrigo Bentancur’s late heroics led his side to a 4-3 win.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped