Salomon Rondon has left Everton after the club and the player agreed to terminate his contract.
Rondon’s deal was initially due to end in June but has now been terminated. The 33-year-old can join any club as a free agent.
Rondon spent less than two years at the Merseyside club and barely played.
He struggled with fitness issues and sharpness but worked hard to get himself in shape.
Despite his efforts, he has failed to secure game time under manager Frank Lampard.
Rondon joined from Chinese team Dalian Professional in August 2021 under Rafa Benitez. He made 31 appearances for the Toffees, starting 13 matches and scoring three goals.
Despite playing a role last season, Rondon fell down the pecking order following the arrival of Neal Maupay from Brighton & Hove Albion last summer.
Rondon has only made eight appearances this season for Everton. Most of them have come as a substitute.
His last match for the Toffees was in October, in a loss to Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Everton were losing and brought him on for the final nine minutes.
Everton must work under strict financial conditions and have decided to offload certain players. They must trim their squad before signing anyone this January.
Lampard is looking for forward reinforcements during the transfer window, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin battling niggling injuries.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?