Bayern Munich goalkeeper Alexander Nubel does not want to return to his parent club in January.
Following Manuel Neuer’s skiing accident that has ruled him out for the season, Bayern want to recall Nubel from his loan spell at Monaco.
However, according to Sky Germany, Nubel does not want to work with goalkeeping coach Toni Tapalovic. He is also wary about returning to the Bavarian club with Neuer still in the picture.
Nubel joined Bayern from Schalke 04 in 2020 on a free transfer but struggled to nail down a starting spot. He barely got a chance during his time in Munich, and the keeper feels Tapalovic is one of the reasons.
The goalkeeping coach has not contacted Nubel since he moved on loan to Monaco. The pair have a frosty relationship.
Nubel wants to see out the season with the Ligue 1 club before deciding his next move. He has mentioned continuing his journey with Monaco.
After arriving at Monaco at the beginning of last season, Nubel struggled. There were errors in judgement that led to lacklustre goals.
However, the 26-year-old turned things around before the end of the season. Nubel has carried that top form into the current campaign.
Bayern may have to turn their attention to other options with Nubel rejecting a return. The Rekordmeister are looking at Borussia Monchengladbach’s Yann Sommer.
The Swiss international has six months left on his contract with the Foals and can speak to clubs in January. Bayern may decide to push for him in January to cover for Neuer.
There are also rumours about transfer moves for Paris Saint-Germain’s Keylor Navas and Dinamo Zagreb’s Dominik Livakovic. The latter is one of the breakout stars of the World Cup with Croatia.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback