The Fiorentina star was at the heart of the midfield, helping the Atlas Lions reach the semi-finals – an unprecedented feat for an African nation – before losing to France.
Even the French president Emmanuel Macron reportedly told Amrabat that he was the best midfielder of the tournament at Morocco’s dressing room following the defeat to Les Bleus.
Amrabat’s impressive performances have seen his stock rise considerably, and several top European clubs have put him on their transfer wishlist.
The 26-year-old’s contract at Fiorentina expires in 2024, but he is ready to leave the Italian outfit for a top club.
Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur have been credited with an interest in Amrabat.
Of all the interested clubs, Amrabat has a liking for Atletico because of the admiration he holds for Diego Simeone.
“I like his[Simeone] style of play,” Amrabat told Marca. “He has won a lot and I have a lot of respect for him. The players on his team are physically strong and aggressive. I like to play that way.”
La Viola are trying to keep the Moroccan midfielder until the summer, but he looks keen on an exit in January.
Los Rojiblancos are keeping an eye on the former Club Brugge star but will face competition from Premier League giants Liverpool.
The Merseysiders are said to be leading the race for Amrabat as they seek to reinforce their midfield in the winter transfer window.
Liverpool sporting director Julian Ward is a big fan of the Moroccan international, who is expected to cost more than €30 million.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped