Following a long-term injury to Chelsea striker Armando Broja, the Premier League club have been offered the chance to sign Atletico Madrid’s Matheus Cunha and Joao Felix to replace him.
According to the Evening Standard, Chelsea are still weighing whether to sign a new striker in January with Broja out of action for the rest of the season.
The Blues have only Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Kai Havertz avaialble. Depending on them for the rest of the season may not be the wisest choice.
The arrival of RB Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku next summer complicates things for Chelsea. The clubs have agreed to a £54 million deal for the forward and another signing may be too much.
Felix wants to leave Atletico after a breakdown in his relationship with head coach Diego Simeone. He is actively looking to join a new club this January.
The former Benfica forward did not help his case for a transfer with lacklustre performances at the World Cup. He had some exciting moments but did not impose himself enough in Portugal’s games.
Felix is looking for a new home, and Stamford Bridge might be an option for him, depending on what Chelsea decide.
Manchester United are also looking at Felix as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, while Aston Villa have also registered their interest.
Cunha is another option to replace Broja. The former Hertha Berlin Brazilian forward has struggled to nail down a starting spot in Simeone’s team.
The talented attacker is struggling for game time, with only two starts in the league. The 23-year-old has zero goals and has missed four big chances.
Los Colchoneros have told him he could find a new club in January, and Chelsea may offer him a landing spot.
Chelsea’s search does not end with the two Atletico forwards. They have an eye on Barcelona attacker Memphis Depay.
They enquired about the Dutch player last summer and may return for him in the January transfer window.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped