Cristiano Ronaldo has returned to Real Madrid’s training ground following the termination of his contract at Manchester United.
According to Relevo, the 37-year-old trained alone at the facility following Portugal’s World Cup exit.
Ronaldo endured a disappointing season at United. He struggled for minutes under Erik ten Hag and his contract was mutually terminated last month following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.
The 2022 World Cup in Qatar brought the forward more disappointment as manager Fernando Santos dropped him for Portugal’s knockout matches against Switzerland and Morocco.
He featured off the bench in both matches but failed to make an impact. Portugal ultimately went out of the tournament in the quarter-finals at the hands of the Atlas Lions.
This was a shocking result for many football fans and SportsToday, who regarded Portugal as one of the favourites for the tournament.
Ronaldo is looking to keep himself in shape as he tries to find a new club.
The former Juventus star asked Florentino Perez if he could train at Valdebebas for a few days, to which the Los Blancos president replied: ‘Of course, this is your home.’
Ronaldo enjoyed a hugely successful time at the Santiago Bernabeu following his move from United to Spain in 2009.
He went on to lift two La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies during his stint with Madrid.
The Portuguese has failed to hit the same heights since swapping Madrid for Juventus in 2018. He won two Serie A titles in Italy but couldn’t lead them to Champions League success.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer