The 21-year-old left-winger has been on Arsenal’s radar for some time now. Sources believe there is a good chance it will happen, but nothing has been agreed upon yet.
Shakhtar Donetsk want £85.9 million, but prospective buyers are not interested in paying such a high fee for the coveted winger.
Brentford agreed to a £25m deal to sign Mudryk last summer, but the deal did not go through. The player’s stock may have risen due to his Champions League performances, but not by £60.9 million.
He has talked about his admiration for the Premier League club and claims he keeps track of their results.
Arsenal have alternative options if they cannot pull this deal off, but Mudryk is their primary target.
Mudryk lit up the Champions League group stage this season with mesmerising performances, scoring three goals and assisted two in six games.
He has also bagged seven goals and six assists in 12 appearances in the Ukrainian Premier League. His superb dribbling ability has always been on show, but he has added end product to his game.
Mudryk had interest from Bayer Leverkusen and OGC Nice last summer, and his suitors will have only increased.
Arsenal will want to secure his services in January to avoid a bidding war next summer.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad