The Gunners are currently without Gabriel Jesus for around three months following his knee surgery and this could force them to pursue a new forward next month.
The Portuguese has fallen out-of-favour under manager Diego Simeone this term and he is determined to pursue a fresh challenge at the beginning of the New Year.
Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are the main suitors for the player but it is now claimed that ‘Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal’ have entered the race with ‘force’.
Atletico Madrid are currently holding out for £86 million to part ways with Felix.
Arsenal should resist spending big on Joao Felix
In his 129 appearances for the Spanish giants, he has managed only 51 goal contributions. A lot more is expected from a player, who cost a staggering fee as a teenager.
In our view, it does not appear worthwhile to spend £86m on Felix. The Portuguese has struggled for consistency. There are no assurances that his fortunes will change at Arsenal.
One possible solution for the Gunners could be to sign him on loan with a buy clause. This would be a risk-free investment for the club. Felix would have the chance to prove his credentials.
United and Paris Saint-Germain could also make similar proposals in January. It is highly unlikely that any club would be willing to meet the transfer demands of Atletico next month.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?