The Brazilian’s current deal runs out next summer, and the Reds are keen to extend his stay.
Firmino’s position came under threat last summer following the arrival of Darwin Nunez from Benfica in a record deal.
Despite much speculation, the former Hoffenheim star ended up staying at Anfield.
The excellent relationship with manager Jurgen Klopp also played a key role in Firmino’s decision to commit his future with the Merseysiders.
The 31-year-old has repaid Klopp’s trust by making a significant impact this season. He has netted nine goals and four assists in all competitions, taking his overall tally to 108 goals and 78 assists for the Reds.
La Selecao were eliminated from the World Cup last night after suffering a heartbreaking defeat against Croatia in the quarter-finals via a penalty shoot-out.
Liverpool are confident that Firmino will put pen to paper on new terms, at least until 2025.
The Brazilian has been a central figure in the resurgence of the Reds under Klopp, helping them become one of the dominant forces in Europe.
Firmino’s form came under scrutiny in the previous seasons, but he has regained his best form this term.
If he keeps delivering goods he can have a campaign like 2017/18, when he was considered one of the best forwards in Europe.
Liverpool are sixth in the Premier League this season, and they face Real Madrid in the Champions League round of 16 in February.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?