Real Madrid have reached an agreement to sign Palmeiras’ teenage striker Endrick Felipe, according to reliable Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Los Blancos have beaten European giants, including Paris Saint Germain, Barcelona and Chelsea, to secure his services.
Madrid will pay Palmeiras a lucrative package of €72 million. The La Liga giants are expected to complete the paperwork and announce his signing during December.
After creating a huge impression in Palmeiras’ youth ranks, the 16-year-old made his senior team debut months ago and racked up three goals and an assist in seven games in the Brazilian top-flight.
The young centre-forward boasts incredible physicality for his age and excellent skills, which has already seen him compare with Brazilian legends Ronaldo and Romario.
It is an absolute masterstroke from Los Merengues, who continue their tradition of snapping up highly-talented players from Brazil.
Endrick will move to Santiago Bernabeu in 2024 when he turns 18.
The Palmeiras wonderkid has been touted as the heir to Karim Benzema. The French striker’s contract expires at the end of this season, but he is soon expected to sign an extension for one more year.
Madrid’s plan is not to sign a marquee player until Endrick arrives, but Benzema’s fitness concerns could force them into a rethink.
The 2022 Ballon d’Or winner has struggled with injuries, forcing him to miss a handful of games for Madrid in the first half of the season as well as withdrawing from France’s World Cup squad.
Links with Kylian Mbappe re-emerged as he is said reportedly unhappy with his situation at Paris Saint-Germain, not long after signing a mega extension deal.
However, Madrid have reportedly decided not to pursue Mbappe or any other expensive centre-forwards.
They could go for cheaper alternatives in the market or rely on first-team players such as Marco Asensio and Rodrygo as a stop-gap solution.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped