The Gunners currently have four specialist centre-backs in the squad in Ben White, Gabriel Magalhaes, William Saliba and Rob Holding.
However, White has now established himself as a regular right-back and manager Mikel Arteta may have plans to sign a new central defender.
It is now revealed that Arsenal have already found a solution. Ndicka will reportedly join the club for free when his contract expires in June.
Ndicka would offer good competition for places
Arteta prefers to work with a left-footed central defender in the line-up. Currently, there is only Magalhaes in the squad who would suit the manager.
Pablo Mari was signed for the same reason from Flamengo a couple of years ago, but the Spaniard is presently on loan with Serie A club Monza.
Monza have the obligation to buy him if they avoid relegation. As things stand, they appear in a strong position to do so with a nine-point gap to the drop zone.
Regardless of this, Ndicka should be a top signing for the Gunners. The 23-year-old has a strong aerial presence and also likes to make regular clearances.
The Frenchman is also good with his tackling as well as his all-round distribution. Signing him on a free transfer can be considered as a huge bargain.
Arsenal currently have Saliba and Magalhaes as undisputed starters for the league games, but they need strong competition for places to challenge for trophies.
Ndicka would offer exactly that and reduce the workload on the above duo. For most of this season, Arteta has had to play one of them in the Europa League.
The centre-back has vastly built his reputation after helping Eintracht win the Europa League last term.
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat