The Gunners are likely to pursue a new midfielder during the January transfer window and Palmeiras’ Danilo has been regularly linked in recent months.
However, the club could also be looking at different alternatives and FC Inter News claim that they have already failed with a winter bid for Valencia’s Musah.
The La Liga outfit are reportedly prepared to cash in on him following his World Cup display but it is claimed that Arsenal’s offer was judged to be low.
It remains to be seen whether the Gunners make a renewed approach. Los Che are said to be eyeing between €20-25 million to sell the 20-year-old.
Arsenal could re-sign Musah to provide midfield cover
Musah is a central midfielder by trade. He was hugely impressive for the United States at the World Cup finals where he was paired alongside Tyler Adams.
The youngster caught the eye with his distribution as well as defensive contributions. He won an average of two tackles per game while completing 87 per cent of his passes.
He is far from the finished article at the moment, but the Gunners could be tempted to re-sign their graduate if he can be signed for a reasonable fee this winter.
Judging by the update from FC Inter News, Arsenal seem reluctant to meet the asking price and will be hoping to take advantage of Valencia’s financial problems.
It won’t be an easy task, however, with Chelsea and Liverpool also interested in signing the USA midfielder. Inter Milan have also been linked with him.
Stats from SofaScore.com
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad