Juventus are reportedly hoping to sell star midfielder Adrien Rabiot who is currently enjoying an impressive World Cup campaign in Qatar.
The 27-year-old has been on the club’s books since 2019, when he joined as a free agent. But his current contract expires at the end of the season, fueling speculation about his future.
The former Paris Saint-Germain star is one of the highest earners at the Allianz Stadium. However, he is still asking for a pay rise which is not suitable for the Serie A giants amidst the club’s ongoing financial crisis.
According to Calciomercato, Juventus would consider selling Rabiot in January rather than allowing him to leave for free in the summer.
Several Premier League clubs are interested in signing him. Arsenal and Newcastle United are two of the richest clubs that can easily afford his services.
Manchester United came very close to signing him last summer after agreeing a transfer fee. However, the proposed move collapsed due to the midfielder’s huge wage demands.
The Red Devils could also reignite their interest in the 27-year-old in the upcoming winter transfer window, given how poor Donny van de Beek has been and the lack of any cover for Christian Eriksen.
He has been a vital member of Didier Deschamps’ team. The midfielder has featured in all four matches, with a goal and an assist to his name.
He has also made Serie A news headlines for all the right reasons with an impressive start in the Italian league this season, starting 11 matches and contributing three goals.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?