Bayern Munich are planning a contract extension for Jamal Musiala following his impressive performances at the World Cup, according to Bild.
The Bavarians are excited about Musiala’s potential and want to tie him to a fresher and lengthier contract. His current contract expires in 2026.
Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic said: “Of course, we told his mom, Carolin, and his management before the World Cup that we are very satisfied with Jamal and let them know that we want to sit with them after the World Cup to talk about Jamal’s future at FC Bayern.”
Musiala has been Bayern’s top performer this season. His ability to connect midfield to attack helps propel Julian Nagelsmann’s side.
He has also added end product to his game this season. He is Bayern’s top scorer in the league, with nine goals and six assists in the Bundesliga alone. In the Champions League, he has two assists.
Before that, Germany played Spain and Musiala was excellent, recording an assist. However, he also missed a big chance.
Despite Die Mannschaft crashing out of the group stage for the second consecutive World Cup, Musiala can hold his head high. He was the star of his team.
If anything, it became clear that head coach Hansi Flick or whoever replaces him should build the team around the 19-year-old.
Musiala, a former Chelsea youth star, has excelled in Germany since joining the Bundesliga champions. He has gradually established himself in the first team and looks like the future star for both club and country.
Last season, Musiala excelled in a deeper midfield role for Nagelsmann. This season, he is playing even better in familiar attacking positions. However, that flexibility will be valuable in the future.
Bayern know that several top clubs will be monitoring Musiala and his development. The Rekordmeister know he can be one of the players to define the future of football and would like that future to be with them.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback