Real Madrid will not return for Kylian Mbappe after the French international rejected them last summer, according to AS.
Los Blancos are reportedly not considering a move for the Paris Saint-Germain attacker. The La Liga club’s bosses are angry that Mbappe never apologised after turning them down.
While debates stoke around whether Madrid should return for Mbappe following his performances at the 2022 World Cup, it is not a topic for consideration in the Valdebebas offices.
President Florentino Perez and general director Jose Angel Sanchez feel betrayed by Mbappe. The 23-year-old gave them his word that he would join Madrid.
He encouraged them to forget a pre-contract agreement, and they believed him. However, he stopped responding to messages and picking up the phone.
He signed a contract extension with PSG, and the La Liga champions considered it a betrayal.
Madrid are reportedly focusing on signing Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham this summer. He is their primary target in the transfer market.
They are wary of his €150 million price tag, but they believe they have an advantage over their Premier League rivals. They think Bellingham prefers a move to Spain.
Madrid will also start laying plans to sign Erling Braut Haaland in 2024. The 22-year-old Norwegian striker has a €180 million release clause in his contract. Only foreign clubs can trigger it.
The Spanish giants are happy to pay the release clause. The 14-time European champions see him as one of the top goalscorers of the next decade.
- ‘The boys gave everything’ – Graham Potter assesses Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp delivers damning assessment on Liverpool’s 4-1 defeat to Man City
- Preview: Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona will play at the Estadi Lluis Companys next season with Camp Nou renovation on the cards
- Harry Kane targeting a century of goals for England