Barcelona have begun zeroing in on reinforcements for next summer, as they are unlikely to make new signings in the winter transfer window.
The Catalan giants’ humiliating exit from this season’s Champions League group stage has forced them into the transfer market in January.
However, the chances are low for incomings unless they sell several players.
Memphis Depay is the only player who could leave Camp Nou in January, with Barca keen on getting him off a bloated wage bill.
Here is the latest transfer round-up of the Catalan club.
Barca monitoring Gabriel Martinelli
Barcelona have identified Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli as one of the potential targets for next summer.
According to Sport, the Catalan giants are monitoring the Brazilian attacker, who is currently with Tite’s squad at the World Cup.
Martinelli has been instrumental in the Gunners’ dominance in the Premier League this season, racking up five goals and two assists in 14 games.
The 21-year-old, who has appeared in three games in the World Cup, has a contract running until 2024, and the Gunners have the option to extend his stay for a further two years.
Barca may find it difficult to persuade Martinelli, who has spoken of his desire to continue his progress at the Emirates Stadium.
The Brazilian winger could be a potential replacement for Ousmane Dembele. The French winger’s contract expires in 2024, and there is a reported €50 million release clause in his deal which will become active at the end of this season.
Tottenham Hotspur in pole position to sign Franck Kessie
Premier League giants Tottenham Hotspur have emerged as the favourites to sign Franck Kessie, suggests another report from Sport.
Kessie is having a debut season to forget in La Liga, failing to become a regular in Xavi’s squad.
The Ivory Coast international has been linked with an exit in the January transfer window. However, Barca are reportedly determined to keep him and want to sell him next summer.
The London club are exploring a loan move with an option to buy for the 25-year-old.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?