Millwall have agreed a deal for Shamrock Rovers forward Aidomo Emakhu, according to South London News.
The 19-year-old has been impressive for the Irish club, netting six goals and three assists in 46 appearances across all competitions.
Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southampton have also been credited with monitoring his progress in the past.
However, in the latest Championship transfer news, Millwall have won the race for the youngster who can play in several offensive roles.
The Republic of Ireland U19 international has made massive progress in recent seasons. He has scored in the Europa League, Europa Conference League and Champions League qualifying this campaign.
Emakhu is one for the futue
Millwall have improved over the last couple of months, collecting 17 points from their last eight matches to move into the top six in the Championship.
This is a remarkable turnaround from a team that lost six of their first 11 league encounters.
Gary Rowett’s side recorded two disappointing draws in November, but they returned to winning ways at Preston North End by a 4-2 scoreline.
The Lions are now hot favourites to finish in the top six this season, something which looked very unlikely at one point.
Signing Emakhu will not impact their fortunes this season, but he has the potential to be a first-team regular in the future.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?