United States have confirmed that Christian Pulisic will be available for their round of 16 clash with the Netherlands at the Khalifa International Stadium on Saturday.
The 24-year-old was a doubt for the game after suffering a pelvic contusion injury during the USA’s 1-0 win against Iran on Tuesday.
The Chelsea attacker got the goal for his side, latching onto Sergino Dest’s header to slot home, but his endeavours resulted in the injury that became a cause for concern for the country and their supporters.
Pulisic continued until half-time before being replaced by Leeds United’s Brenden Aaronson.
He has been a pivotal part of Gregg Berhalter’s side, contributing a goal and an assist in the US’ journey to the knockout phase.
His 22 goals in 55 appearances, 18 of which have come in competitive matches, further underline his importance to the team.
Pulisic reportedly participated in training on Friday night in Qatar, working through the warm-up with the rest of the team.
Reporters were only allowed to view the first 15 minutes of the session, but Pulisic was doing short sprints and agility exercises without any noticeable issues.
His availability for the clash with the Dutch will be a major boost for the US as they aim to reach the World Cup quarter-final for the first time since 2002.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?