The Serie A giants could lose Denzel Dumfries in January or next summer, as he has been attracting plenty of interest from Premier League clubs.
Chelsea have been linked with a move for the 26-year-old who has a contract at the San Siro until 2025. Spurs have also been credited with an interest in him.
Inter will have to sign a replacement if Dumfries leaves, and that’s why they are reportedly eyeing a move for Royal.
The 23-year-old right-back has been at Tottenham since he arrived in 2021. He has made 59 appearances across all competitions, with a goal to his name.
A good move all round
Italian boss Antonio Conte is looking to sign a new right wing-back, with Matt Doherty and Emerson Royal failing to impress in this position.
Emerson has been an important member of the Spurs team this season, starting 11 matches in the Premier League. However, he offers very little in the final third and doesn’t seem to fit Conte’s system.
With Inter interested in the Brazil international, it seems Tottenham have the option to swap Emerson for Dumfries.
The Dutch footballer is highly rated for his pace and intelligent movement. He has been a key figure in all the Nerazzurri’s recent successes.
Spurs look to have a good opportunity to sign Dumfries, and considering his talent and skills, they should not miss this chance.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?