Manchester United star Casemiro scored a brilliant goal as Brazil secured a 1-0 victory over Switzerland to book their passage through to the World Cup knockout stage.
Tite had been forced into a tactical reshuffle after Neymar was sidelined due to an ankle injury sustained in their opening group game.
The Selecao struggled to break the deadlock, with their opponents sitting compact for most of the game.
However, Vinicius Jr finally looked to have delivered the breakthrough in the 64th minute when he kept his composure to coolly slot the ball beyond the goalkeeper. However, the goal was ruled out for offside after a VAR review.
The match was heading for a draw before Casemiro smashed a half-volley into the back of the net with only seven minutes remaining. The goal guaranteed their place in the round of 16 of the 2022 World Cup.
The Manchester United star also posted impressive numbers in the game to prove his importance in Tite’s team.
Casemiro was also brilliant in Brazil’s 2-0 victory over Serbia last week. He had been successful with all his tackle attempts and also boasted over 84 percent pass accuracy.
The 30-year-old is still one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. He is renowned for his passing, tackling, ball interception and aerial dominance.
Tite’s men return to action on Friday when they take on Cameroon at the Lusail Stadium.
- Liverpool challenge reduced ticket allocation ahead of Man City game at Etihad
- Man United set to beat Chelsea to Watford starlet Harry Amass
- Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani set to drop world-record bid to buy Manchester United
- Wolverhampton Wanderers’ owners want a stake in Belgian club Oostende, talks opened
- Real Madrid target Celta Vigo sensation Gabriel Veiga