The draw for the third round of the FA Cup has been carried out.
England’s biggest clubs enter the competition at this stage. All 44 teams from the Premier League and Championship will make their first FA Cup appearances of the season.
Meanwhile, four non-league teams remain in the competition. Fifth-tier clubs Wrexham, Chesterfield and Boreham Wood have all qualified for the third round, while Dagenham & Redbridge could also join them if they defeat Gillingham in their replay.
The most eye-catching tie of the round is between Manchester City and Chelsea. The two teams were also drawn against each other in the Carabao Cup earlier this season, which the Cityzens won 2-0 at the Etihad Stadium.
Holders Liverpool will begin their defence of the trophy with a home clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers. The last meeting between the two finished 3-1 to the Reds on the final day of last season.
These were two of five all-Premier League ties. Manchester United will host Everton, Crystal Palace will welcome Southampton to Selhurst Park, and Brentford will face West Ham United.
The ties are set to take place around the weekend of January 7, 2023.
Full FA Cup third-round draw
Preston North End vs Huddersfield Town
Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion
Chesterfield vs West Bromwich Albion
Manchester City vs Chelsea
Charlton Athletic/Stockport County vs Walsall
Boreham Wood vs Accrington Stanley
Tottenham Hotspur vs Portsmouth
Derby County vs Barnsley
Cardiff City vs Leeds United
Brentford vs West Ham United
Bournemouth vs Burnley
Coventry City vs Wrexham
Norwich City vs Blackburn Rovers
Aston Villa vs Stevenage
Luton Town vs Wigan Athletic
Oxford United vs Arsenal
Fleetwood Town vs Queens Park Rangers
Liverpool vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Grimsby Town vs Burton Albion
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest
Dagenham & Redbridge/Gillingham vs Leicester City
Forest Green Rovers vs Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City vs Swansea City
Hartlepool United vs Swansea City
Hull City vs Fulham
Crystal Palace vs Southampton
Millwall vs Sheffield United
Shrewsbury Town vs Sunderland
Sheffield Wednesday vs Newcastle United
Manchester United vs Everton
Reading vs Watford
Ipswich Town vs Rotherham United
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten run at Villa Park
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?