The 25-year-old has made an impressive start to the 2022-23 season, starting all 14 Premier League matches for the Gunners.
He was selected in Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad but the defender is yet to play a minute in Qatar.
Kieran Trippier has been Southgate’s first-choice right-back, but the Newcastle United star endured a poor game against the United States.
White could have featured in the starting XI against Wales, but he looks set to miss out after being absent from training due to illness.
The former Brighton & Hove Albion star was the only player missing from England’s training session ahead of their crucial clash against the Dragons.
James Maddison, who picked up a knee injury at West Ham United earlier this month and has missed the last two group matches, was also involved in the group session.
The Three Lions made a spectacular start to their World Cup campaign, thrashing Iran 6-2 in their opening Group B match.
However, they failed to breach the defence of Gregg Berhalter’s side on their way to a disappointing goalless draw at the Al Bayt Stadium.
Southgate’s men will take on Wales on Tuesday in their final group game in Qatar.
They only need to avoid a 4-0 loss against Rob Page’s side to guarantee their place in the last 16 of the competition.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?