The US club are confident Messi will sign for them after the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The deal will see him join them at the end of the European season.
Les Parisiens will try to extend Messi’s contract by another year, but Miami are confident the Argentine international will choose them.
The David Beckham part-owned franchise will make the former Barcelona man the highest-paid player in the history of MLS.
Miami also want to sign players to complement Messi’s skills. The reports mention moves for free agent Luis Suarez and Como midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Messi has a home in Miami and has previously said he wants to play in the MLS.
He moved to PSG in 2021 but endured a torrid first season at the club. He struggled to fit into Mauricio Pochettino’s system.
While 11 goals and 15 assists in 34 appearances are not poor numbers for any attacker, they did not meet Messi’s usual high standards.
PSG underwent a revolution during the summer and Messi has returned to his best this term.
He has netted 12 goals and 14 assists in 19 appearances for the Ligue 1 champions this term. He is shining alongside Kylian Mbappe and Neymar.
There were rumours he would return to Barcelona this summer if he decided to leave, but the Catalans have offered nothing.
Messi will make a decision on his future after the World Cup tournament. He is currently focused on Argentina’s bid to lift the trophy for the third time.
If they win against Poland this week, Argentina can seal the top spot in their group and qualification to the round of 16.
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten run at Villa Park
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?