Arsenal target Rodrigo Becao reportedly wants to join Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old has been a highly important figure at Udinese since joining the Serie A club in 2019.
The defender made an impressive start to the 2022-23 season as he made it to the Friulians’ playing XI in their first eight league matches.
However, he picked up an injury against Lazio in October and has been out of action since.
The Brazilian’s impressive performances have attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and Everton.
But according to Tutto Udinese, Becao is interested in joining Tottenham in the winter transfer window.
Becao would be a smart signing
Becao would be a good addition for the north London giants who haven’t looked very convincing this season in the Premier League.
The centre-back’s current contract is set to expire in 2024 and he is valued at around £17 million.
He has been impressive on the right of a back three for Udinese this season.
In nine Serie A appearances, the 26-year-old has contributed a goal and an assist.
The talented defender has been averaging an impressive 3.0 tackles and 1.6 clearances per game in the Italian top flight (as per Whoscored).
Antonio Conte’s side have conceded an incredible 21 goals this season, more than the likes of Brighton & Hove Albion (19) and Crystal Palace (18).
They need to bring in some defensive reinforcements in January and Becao would be a good fit.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped