Paris Saint-Germain have turned their attention towards AC Milan defender Pierre Kalulu after finding out that it would be difficult to sign long-term target Milan Skriniar.
Les Parisiens have been pursuing Inter Milan’s Skriniar for a long-time. They tried to recruit him in the summer transfer window but were put off by the Nerazzurri’s valuation.
While PSG remain interested in the Slovakian defender – whose contract runs out next summer – it looks increasingly likely that he will stay at the San Siro beyond his current deal.
Inter are reportedly on the verge of agreeing an extension with Skriniar, with the club’s CEO Beppe Moratta reiterating that a new deal is on the cards.
Tuttosport reports that PSG have decided to move away from pursuing Skriniar, identifying Kalulu from arch-rivals Milan as a potential alternative.
The 22-year-old has quickly grown into an important player for Milan. He played a big part in the Scudetto triumph last season and has made 21 appearances in all competitions this term.
The report also adds that the French defender is unwilling to leave the San Siro as he wants to continue with the Rossoneri.
The Serie A champions are also not interested in the sale of Kalulu, who they cite as pivotal for the future.
Kalulu recently penned a contract extension with Milan until 2027, earning a salary of €2 million per season plus bonuses.
Milan are currently working on the contract renewals of Rafael Leao and Ismael Bennacer, who continue to attract interest from European heavyweights.
The negotiations with Leao have been dragging on for months as salary remains a stumbling block for Milan.
The Portuguese star is demanding a massive pay rise to continue his journey at the San Siro.
Milan are well aware of his skyrocketing stock and European giants such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea can afford higher wages.
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Ljungberg: Arsenal title challenge in trouble with key stats not in their favour
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat