AC Milan are reportedly considering a shock move for Barcelona’s teenage sensation Alejandro Balde.
The Spaniard has been one of Barca’s breakout stars this season, nailing down a regular spot in Xavi’s starting eleven with his impressive performances.
Having featured in 16 games in all competitions with three assists, the 19-year-old has also dethroned veteran defender Jordi Alba as Barca’s first-choice left-back.
His rise to prominence has prompted the Blaugrana to secure his future, with his current deal expiring in 2024.
The Catalan giants are in talks to hand the La Masia graduate a new long-term deal, but Milan are looking to throw a spanner in the works.
Calciomercato reports that Milan directors Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara have been in contact with Balde’s agent Jorge Mendes in recent weeks to discuss a potential move next summer.
The Rossoneri want to reinforce the left-back position by bringing a top-quality back-up for Theo Hernandez.
Barca remain hopeful they can reach an agreement with Balde as they did with Ousmane Dembele and Gavi this year.
He recently commented on his contract situation, stating that the talks are ongoing and he wants to succeed at Camp Nou.
The Spanish youngster will be hoping to make a big impact in the World Cup as Spain look serious contenders following their emphatic 7-0 win against Costa Rica.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback