AC Milan are reportedly considering a shock move for Barcelona’s teenage sensation Alejandro Balde.
The Spaniard has been one of Barca’s breakout stars this season, nailing down a regular spot in Xavi’s starting eleven with his impressive performances.
Having featured in 16 games in all competitions with three assists, the 19-year-old has also dethroned veteran defender Jordi Alba as Barca’s first-choice left-back.
His rise to prominence has prompted the Blaugrana to secure his future, with his current deal expiring in 2024.
The Catalan giants are in talks to hand the La Masia graduate a new long-term deal, but Milan are looking to throw a spanner in the works.
Calciomercato reports that Milan directors Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara have been in contact with Balde’s agent Jorge Mendes in recent weeks to discuss a potential move next summer.
The Rossoneri want to reinforce the left-back position by bringing a top-quality back-up for Theo Hernandez.
Barca remain hopeful they can reach an agreement with Balde as they did with Ousmane Dembele and Gavi this year.
He recently commented on his contract situation, stating that the talks are ongoing and he wants to succeed at Camp Nou.
The Spanish youngster will be hoping to make a big impact in the World Cup as Spain look serious contenders following their emphatic 7-0 win against Costa Rica.
- Argentina 2-0 Mexico: Player ratings as Albicelestes defeat El Tri
- Messi hauls Argentina past Mexico, France book a knockout berth & more
- ‘It was a dream come true’ – Robert Lewandowski in euphoric mood after netting first-ever World Cup goal
- France 2-1 Denmark: Player ratings as Mbappe hits brace
- ‘We’re not dead yet’ – Herve Renard keeps the faith following Poland defeat