England have the most valuable squad at the World Cup, according to the latest CIES Football Observatory report.
The CIES Football Observatory estimates a player’s value in the transfer market based on several different statistical factors. A further explanation of the methodology can be found here.
The Swiss outlet have used this method to estimate the price tags of all 831 players set to feature at the upcoming World Cup in Qatar. These players have a supposed cumulative value of around €15 billion.
According to the report, the England national team squad makes up around 10% of this figure. The Three Lions boast the most expensive squad at the tournament, with their value estimated at around €1.499b.
Furthermore, Jude Bellingham is listed as the most valuable player at the World Cup. The Borussia Dortmund man – who is in high demand among Europe’s elite clubs – has an approximate price of €202 million.
This places him slightly above Brazil’s Vinicius Junior, who is the second-most valuable player at the tournament at €201m. Overall, Brazil find themselves in second place, €44m short of England.
Meanwhile, Costa Rica are estimated to have the least valuable squad at the tournament, coming in at a price of just €23m. Hosts Qatar are not far above them, with an estimated value of around €29m. Australia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Tunisia also have an estimated squad value of below €100m.
Alphonso Davies makes up just over 35% of Canada’s entire value – the highest figure for any individual relative to their nation. The Bayern Munich man is believed to be worth around €68m.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad