Douglas Ramos, the father of talented youngster Endrick, has denied that the youngster will visit Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu.
Madrid would then await a response from Endrick and his father to see if they should make a bid to Palmeiras. However, Ramos has told Romano that the report is false.
“I did not give any interview, and I never spoke about any travel to Madrid in the next weeks,” he said. “There is no travel scheduled as things stand.”
The 16-year-old is the hottest property in Brazilian football right now. Chelsea, Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are the leading contenders for his signature.
Despite being only 16, Endrick is already a household name in Brazil because of his numbers for Palmeiras’ youth teams. He has netted 165 goals in 169 games.
Palmeiras promoted Endrick to the first team after his impressive showings at youth level. He became the club’s youngest-ever player at 16 years, two months and 16 days old when he made his senior debut last month.
In his five appearances for the senior team, Endrick has bagged three goals and an assist. He is the second-youngest scorer in Brazilian top-flight history.
Endrick has his pick of European clubs to choose from right now. However, it looks like Chelsea’s interest is the most advanced.
The club’s owners would like to make a statement with the signing of the Brazilian youngster. Thiago Silva is reportedly trying to convince the youngster about joining Chelsea.
Madrid’s Florentino Perez is no stranger to picking up top talents from Brazil. He signed Vinicius Jr, Reinier Jesus and Rodrygo in their early teens. PSG are not out of the equation either.
His family will guide his decision-making. They are prioritising Endrick’s development as a footballer over everything else.
- Who is Liverpool’s most important player – Van Dijk or Salah?
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage