The time is fast approaching – we are just three days away from what is set to be the most unique FIFA Men’s World Cup.
Amid many controversies, this is the first time the tournament is being held in the winter, the first in a Middle Eastern country, and the first in effectively one city.
As the entire footballing world’s attention will be drawn to Qatar’s capital, Doha, we will cover the tournament extensively at FootballToday.
We will have a daily column titled ‘Doha Diaries’ that will get you up to speed with the day’s action and suggest what you should look forward to, and may also include some stories from the ground.
We will also be covering all the matches and storylines emanating from the tournament and previewing most of the action.
We have already started previewing the tournament, so you can read our tactical preview or each of the group previews below:
- Group A Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group B Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group C Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group D Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group E Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group F Schedule, Table & Preview
- Group G Schedule, Table & Preview
We will have more coming in the next few days, including the first couple of editions of the column which will focus on some aspects of the preparations for the World Cup.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad