Bournemouth are reportedly considering a move for Marcelo Bielsa who has been out of a job since departing Leeds United in February.
Interim manager Gary O’Neil made an impressive start as he led the Premier League outfit to a six-game unbeaten run.
However, things haven’t been very encouraging since then, as four consecutive league defeats have left them 17th in the standings.
The English club has been in talks with prospective new owner Bill Foley, and the next managerial appointment has reportedly been high on the list of topics discussed.
According to The Athletic, Bournemouth are considering appointing Bielsa as their new manager.
Bielsa is a top manager
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has described Bielsa as the best in the world. The Argentine also had a heavy influence on Mauricio Pochettino and Diego Simeone.
Bielsa changed the fortunes of Leeds after taking over the club in 2018. He led the Whites to Premier League promotion in 2020 after a 16-year absence.
Leeds made an impressive start to life in the English top flight under the Argentine boss, finishing ninth at the end of the 2020-21 season.
However, Bielsa failed to repeat the same feat last term and was dismissed from his position in February, with his side 16th in the table.
- Luis de la Fuente appointed Spain head coach following Luis Enrique’s exit
- Carlo Ancelotti hails Brazil as the most complete team at the 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Cody Gakpo sends Manchester United message amid transfer speculation
- Luis Enrique leaves position as head coach of Spain
- Bookings and suspensions: Who is in danger of missing out on the World Cup semi-finals?