Manchester City and Manchester United discovered their opponents in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.
The Citizens registered a comfortable 2-0 victory over Chelsea on Wednesday to secure their place in the round of 16.
Riyad Mahrez and Julian Alvarez were on target in the home encounter as City eased past their rivals at the Etihad Stadium.
They will now take on reigning holders Liverpool in a blockbuster clash in Manchester following the 2022 World Cup.
Jurgen Klopp’s side prevailed over Derby County on penalties after both teams failed to break the deadlock in normal time.
The Reds will be looking to add another trophy after they outclassed Chelsea in the final last season.
Erik ten Hag’s side took their revenge against Villa following their shocking 3-1 Premier League defeat last weekend.
Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Bruno Fernandes and Scott McTominay were on the scoresheet as United came from behind to win comfortably.
Liverpool are the most successful team in the competition, having lifted the trophy on nine occasions.
However, Pep Guardiola’s side have dominated the tournament in recent seasons, winning it in six of the last eight years.
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Gillingham
Southampton vs Lincoln City
Blackburn Rovers vs Nottingham Forest
Newcastle United vs Bournemouth
Manchester City vs Liverpool
Manchester United vs Burnley
MK Dons vs Leicester City
Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion
All round of 16 fixtures will be played during week commencing December 19.
- Who is Liverpool’s most important player – Van Dijk or Salah?
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage