There is no love lost between these two founding members of the Football League, with their rivalry one of the most bitter derby games in the world.
Former Rovers manager Mark Hughes described meetings between the teams as ‘mad’, and he knows a thing or two about derbies.
Burnley have a two-point lead over Rovers heading into the game, and a victory this weekend would boost their hopes of making an immediate return to the Premier League.
However, they are unlikely to find things easy against a team that has defied expectations to force their way into the promotion race.
The Clarets pieced together an impressive 16-game unbeaten run to move to the top of the Championship table before being brought back down to earth last weekend.
Vincent Kompany’s side led twice against Sheffield United, but a four-goal salvo helped the Blades secure a well-deserved 5-2 victory.
Burnley are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Rovers in all competitions and will fancy their chances of bouncing back to form on Sunday.
They have won six and drawn four of their ten home league games this season and are averaging two goals per game on their own patch.
Rovers’ went 35 years without losing against Burnley before seeing their streak snapped in a Championship clash in March 2014.
They have lost all three subsequent meetings with the Clarets and will be desperate to prevent their bitter rivals from enhancing that record at Turf Moor.
Rovers have won five of their past six league games, with a 1-0 defeat at Coventry City the only blip on their record during that period.
Jon Dahl Tomasson’s team have won four out of 10 matches on the road this season, netting just seven goals away from Ewood Park.
Burnley vs Blackburn Rovers Potential Line-ups
Burnley (4-2-3-1): Arijanet Muric, Vitinho, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Jordan Beyer, Ian Maatsen, Jack Cork, Josh Cullen, Benson Manuel, Josh Brownhill, Nathan Tella, Jay Rodriguez.
Blackburn Rovers (4-2-3-1): Thomas Kaminski, Callum Brittain, Dominic Hyam, Daniel Ayala, Harry Pickering, Tyler Morton, Lewis Travis, Ryan Hedges, Sam Szmodics, Ben Brereton Diaz, Sam Gallagher.
How to Watch?
Burnley versus Blackburn Rovers, alongside all other Championship fixtures, is available to watch online via Championship live streams.
Burnley vs Blackburn Rovers Prediction
This Lancashire derby has the potential to be one of the fieriest encounters staged in the Championship this season.
Burnley are a tough nut to crack at home, but Rovers should have enough about them to take something from the game.
Burnley 2-2 Blackburn Rovers.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch