Tammy Abraham scored in a Serie A clash against Sassuolo at the Mapei Stadium on Wednesday but the game ended in a disappointing 1-1 draw.
The 25-year-old broke the deadlock with a superb header in the 80th minute of the match.
However, Jose Mourinho’s side failed to seal three points from the away encounter as Andrea Pinamonti equalised five minutes later.
The Portuguese boss was unhappy and hit out at an unnamed player after the match, saying (as per Reuters): “It disappoints me because the effort the squad made was betrayed by one player because of an unprofessional attitude. He betrayed the effort everyone else made.”
Dimarco’s brace helps Inter claim a comprehensive win
Federico Dimarco scored a brace as Inter Milan registered an emphatic 6-1 victory over Bologna at the San Siro.
The visitors took the lead through Charalampos Lykogiannis, but the Nerazzurri responded strongly by firing three goals before the interval.
The second half brought more misery for Bologna as Inter struck three more times to register a comfortable victory.
Atletico Madrid lose again
Atletico Madrid’s poor run of form continued as they slumped to a 1-0 defeat at Mallorca.
Vedat Muriqi scored the decisive goal early in the game with a simple tap-in with Jaume Costa the provider.
The latest defeat means Diego Simeone’s side have only picked up a single win from their previous seven matches across all competitions.
Alexander Sorloth and Brais Mendez scored goals to provide a vital contribution in the away win for Sociedad, who have now moved to third in the league standings.
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?