The Cameroonian has sparked into life this season, scoring five goals and assisting two in his nine appearances thus far. He has netted ten goals and three assists in 15 games across all competitions.
By contrast, the former Stoke City man only scored four goals and two assists in 20 league games last season.
Having been delighted with the former Paris Saint Germain man’s performances, the Bayern hierarchy are set to award him a contract extension.
The 33-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the season, but with a new contract looming, he could earn up to €5 million a year.
He is reportedly interested in extending his stay at the Allianz Arena, and the club are also working towards reaching an offer, but talks will officially begin after the World Cup.
Choupo-Moting has been a game-changer for the Bavarians since his introduction into the starting 11. Until he came in, Bayern were struggling to create chances and went four Bundesliga games without a win.
With the former Stoke man leading the line, Bayern have looked like their old selves, and the Germans want to act fast in tying him to a new contract, especially with Manchester United sniffing around their new star man.
After a rocky period where the Bundesliga champions struggled for wins, Bayern have embarked on a nine-game winning streak across all competitions.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side are currently topping the Bundesliga table, having taken 31 points from their 14 games.
They are three points ahead of second-placed SC Freiburg and on course for yet another Bundesliga title.
- Who is Liverpool’s most important player – Van Dijk or Salah?
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage