The draw for the round of 16 in the Champions League has been carried out.
The 16 qualified teams were separated into seeded and unseeded categories, depending on whether they topped their group or finished second. Teams from the same group could not be drawn against each other, nor could teams from the same country.
Unseeded: Liverpool, Club Brugge, Inter Milan, Eintracht Frankfurt, AC Milan, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain.
It was a draw that served up plenty of exciting ties. Liverpool and Real Madrid are set to clash again, with the Reds looking for revenge for last May’s Champions League final defeat to Los Blancos.
And that isn’t the only repeat of a recent Champions League final. 2020 champions Bayern Munich and runners up Paris Saint-Germain will also face each other in the round of 16.
Meanwhile, there are some other enticing games to come. Borussia Dortmund will face Chelsea, AC Milan come up against Tottenham Hotspur, and RB Leipzig will play Manchester City.
The first legs are scheduled to commence on February 14, 2023, with the second legs planned to begin on March 9, 2023.
Full Champions League round of 16 draw
RB Leipzig vs Manchester City
Club Brugge vs Benfica
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Napoli
Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea
Inter Milan vs Porto
Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich
- Argentina 2-0 Mexico: Player ratings as Albicelestes defeat El Tri
- Messi hauls Argentina past Mexico, France book a knockout berth & more
- ‘It was a dream come true’ – Robert Lewandowski in euphoric mood after netting first-ever World Cup goal
- France 2-1 Denmark: Player ratings as Mbappe hits brace
- ‘We’re not dead yet’ – Herve Renard keeps the faith following Poland defeat