Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Moises Caicedo has turned the heads of top European clubs with his impressive performances in the Premier League this season.
Caicedo was loaned to Belgian outfit Beerschot last term before being called back by Brighton at the start of this year.
The 21-year-old has progressed rapidly since then, establishing himself as one of the best young midfielders in the English top flight.
The Ecuadorian prospect has been a defensive presence for the Seagulls, ranking 10th in the most number of tackles (33) made by a player in the Premier League.
Recent reports suggested that Real Madrid have also joined the race for Caicedo as they are seeking a replacement for Luka Modric.
With growing interest from European giants, the Seagulls have made a decision on Caicedo’s future.
According to reliable journalist Fabrizio Romano, Brighton have no plans to sell the Ecuadorian midfielder in the upcoming January transfer window and want to keep him until the end of the season.
Caicedo has a contract until 2025, and the Seagulls rate him around £68 million.
He was instrumental in the emphatic victory over Chelsea last week and also produced a solid display in the win against Man United in the league opener.
Having already plied his trade under Graham Potter, Caicedo can further sharpen his skills under Roberto De Zerbi’s tutelage.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?