Barcelona are interested in signing Bayern Munich star Benjamin Pavard, according to reports.
However, the 26-year-old’s current contract at the Allianz Arena expires in 2024, and he wants to leave the club in search of a new challenge.
According to Sport, the Catalans are considering a move for Pavard, who has been identified as their first-choice option.
Sergi Roberto has been their number-one right back at Camp Nou this season. However, his future is uncertain, with his deal expiring at the end of the campaign.
The Blaugrana signed Hector Bellerin in the summer, but the former Arsenal star has only made four appearances.
Pavard is an outstanding player
Pavard has been a regular member of the team since joining Bayern in 2019.
The 26-year-old has won the Champions League, three Bundesliga titles and the DFB-Pokal during his time at the Allianz Arena.
The France international is a right-back but can also be deployed as a centre-back. He is highly rated for his passing, tackling, aerial duels and ability to hold on to the ball.
Pavard has made ten appearances in the Bundesliga this season, averaging an impressive 2.9 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 1.6 clearances per game.
He has also completed 87.9 percent of his passes (as per WhoScored).
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad