Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Junior has reportedly signed a contract extension which will keep him at the club until 2027.
While an agreement over a renewal has been in place for a long time, Los Blancos haven’t made it public yet.
Spanish outlet Diario AS reports that the Brazilian winger has penned a new deal until 2027, and an official announcement could be expected soon.
The 22-year-old enjoyed a stellar 2021/22 campaign to establish himself as one of Europe’s best forwards.
He racked up 22 goals and 20 assists in all competitions, including the winning strike in the Champions League final against Liverpool.
Vinicius also finished third in the La Liga scoring charts with 17 goals and played a significant role in winning the league title.
The Brazilian winger’s stock has skyrocketed after he finished eighth in the 2022 Ballon d’Or rankings, with his teammate Karim Benzema winning the prestigious award.
Madrid will reward Vini with a significant pay rise, having prepared to offer him a salary of €8 million per season.
Vinicius has continued his impressive form this term with eight goals and five assists in all competitions, helping Madrid top La Liga and qualify for the Champions League round of 16.
Los Blancos are also working towards securing the futures of fellow Brazilian players Eder Militao and Rodrygo, having reached a verbal agreement over their renewals.
Benzema is also in line for an extension as Madrid are preparing to extend his stay until 2024.
- Who is Liverpool’s most important player – Van Dijk or Salah?
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage