Chelsea’s new boss Graham Potter returns to his old stomping ground hoping for all three points against his former club on Saturday.
The Englishman left Brighton & Hove Albion earlier this season to take charge of Chelsea despite the Seagulls’ incredible start to the season.
Chelsea are yet to lose a competitive game since Potter took charge. They won their first three Premier League games under the former Ostersunds boss before drawing their next two.
In the Champions League, they played a 1-1 draw against RB Salzburg in Potter’s first game in charge of the club. However, they have secured three wins from three, earning passage into the round of 16.
Brighton have drawn two and lost three of their first five games under the Italian coach. Despite the same structure and personnel, they have been unable to push on from where Potter left off.
They have fallen from fourth to ninth on the Premier League table and are in danger of dropping further when the Blues roll into town.
Despite De Zerbi’s time starting with a promising 3-3 draw against Liverpool, Brighton have not kicked on.
They have subsequently lost to Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford and Manchester City and drawn with league newcomers Nottingham Forest.
Brighton will be desperate to return to winning ways, and De Zerbi will want his first three points, but it won’t be straightforward.
They have not won any of their last 11 games against Chelsea. But they can take solace in the fact that they have secured five draws against Chelsea in their past six games.
The Blues haven’t lost any of their last six Premier League matches, extending to Thomas Tuchel’s final game in charge. They are unbeaten in their past nine games.
The club has a stellar record against Brighton. Interestingly, the Seagulls haven’t had the lead for a single minute of their 10 Premier League matches against Chelsea.
The Blues will be keen to get back to winning ways in the Premier League after two straight draws. Their 2-1 win against Salzburg in midweek will be a massive boost for them.
Brighton vs Chelsea predicted line-ups
Brighton (3-5-2): Robert Sanchez; Joel Veltman, Adam Webster, Lewis Dunk; Pervis Estupinan, Alexis Mac Allister, Moises Caicedo, Solly March, Pascal Gross; Leandro Trossard, Danny Welbeck
Chelsea (3-4-3): Kepa Arrizabalaga; Marc Cucurella, Thiago Silva, Trevoh Chalobah; Ben Chilwell, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Cesar Azpilicueta; Mason Mount, Raheem Sterling, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
How To Watch?
Brighton vs Chelsea, alongside all other fixtures in England’s top flight, is available to watch online via live Premier League streams.
Brighton vs Chelsea predictions
Chelsea’s superior head-to-head record against Brighton plus both sides current form means it will be a tough outing for the latter. Chelsea have enough to see out this game comfortably.
Brighton 1-2 Chelsea
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?