Bayern Munich attacker Leroy Sane is out with a hamstring injury. The club announced the news on its official website this morning.
Sane reportedly tore a muscle fibre in the back of his left thigh during the 5-0 home win against Freiburg on Sunday evening.
The statement said: “FC Bayern will be without Leroy Sane for the time being.
“The 26-year-old suffered a torn muscle fibre in the back of his left thigh during the 5-0 home win against Freiburg on Sunday evening.
“This was the result of examinations by the medical department of the German record champions.”
There is no timeline for Sane’s return from injury, leaving the club and his manager Julian Nagelsmann sweating about his fitness.
Sane is in the form of his life after struggling for consistency across his time with Bayern. He has bagged ten goals and six assists in 16 appearances this season.
He has turned up in big games for Bayern this season, and his absence is a major concern for German national team manager Hansi Flick.
Die Mannschaft know Sane is a big part of any World Cup hopes. He brings unpredictability with his dribbling and even more deadly with his decisiveness.
Sane could miss up to three weeks, but a more accurate timeline will depend on more tests at Sabener Straße.
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad