Manchester United have joined the transfer race for AC Milan star Rafael Leao, according to reports.
The 23-year-old’s current contract at the San Siro is set to expire in 18 months. The Serie A giants are keen to extend his stay but the player is refusing to sign a new deal.
According to the Daily Star, Manchester United have also joined the race for the highly-rated forward.
The Portugal international could be available for around £60 million next summer.
Erik ten Hag’s side reportedly sent scouts to see the 23-year-old in action against the Blues in the recent Champions League games.
Anthony Martial has been exceptional for United this season but his injury issues mean he is rarely available for selection, while Cristiano Ronaldo’s future at Old Trafford is uncertain.
Leao is a highly talented forward who can operate as a winger, centre forward, second striker and attacking midfielder. He is known for his dribbling, long shots and finishing ability.
He is yet to score a goal in the Champions League but has been brilliant in the Serie A this season. He has netted four goals and four assists in eight appearances in the Italian top-flight this term.
Leao was a crucial member of the team last season when Milan lifted their 19th league title.
Since his arrival at the San Siro, he has clocked up 127 appearances across all competitions with 31 goals and 28 assists to his name (stats from Transfermarkt).
- Who is Liverpool’s most important player – Van Dijk or Salah?
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage