Kylian Mbappe wants to leave Paris Saint-Germain in January because his relationship with the club has completely broken down.
Mbappe reportedly feels betrayed by the club’s hierarchy and believes they have failed to deliver on promises they made when he signed his new contract.
The striker netted 39 goals in 46 appearances last season and has added another 11 in 12 games this time around.
However, Mbappe’s body language suggests there are problems behind the scenes, despite signing a whopping new contract with the club a few months ago.
Real Madrid have been heavily linked with Mbappe, but it is understood that the reigning Ligue 1 champions will resist any attempt by them to secure his services.
In a recent interview with RMC Sport, Petit blasted Mbappe for the lack of respect he has shown to the club, his teammates and PSG fans.
“In recent weeks, I find him off-topic in his communication,” he said. “I find that he is moving more and more from the central subject, which is the game and the pitch.
“He is making it more and more a personal business. Of course, I hear rumours that promises have not been kept, but I want to tell him: ‘Kylian, grow up – that’s life’.
“It’s the same every day. You are made promises that no one keeps most of the time – does that mean you have to stop working and question everything? Of course not.
“It’s called everyday life, the life of grown-ups – that of adults. Kylian, the sooner you have solved your problems with yourself, the sooner your performance will be felt on the pitch and your relationships with the public and your teammates will find a certain appeasement.”
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?