Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Luis Campos wants out of the club this winter as he feels betrayed by the club’s hierarchy, according to Le Parisien.
His decision is related to Kylian Mbappe’s unrest at the club, as the French star also wants to leave the reigning Ligue 1 champions following a breakdown in his relationship with the powers that be.
Mbappe is reportedly unhappy with his role at the club. He has been deployed as a top striker as opposed to his more favoured left-wing position.
The fact that he was moved to accommodate Neymar, who he has fallen out with at the club, has rattled him. He is also unhappy with the team’s tactics.
Mbappe reportedly feels betrayed by the club’s hierarchy and believes they have failed to deliver on promises they made when he signed his new contract.
Campos, who was with Mbappe at Monaco before being reunited with the forward at PSG, has been closely attached to the player since he was 14 years old.
The Portuguese director oversaw PSG’s summer recruitment which saw them bring in several players, including Fabian Ruiz, Vitinha, Hugo Ekitike, Renato Sanches, Nordi Mukiele and Carlos Soler.
But tension had already been growing between him and the club’s director Antero Henrique over transfer dealings.
Campos was closely linked with a move away from PSG last summer, with Chelsea extremely keen on bringing the Celta Vigo sporting director to Stamford Bridge.
The Blues had already held talks with the 58-year-old, but nothing materialised. However, with the current unrest at the French capital, Chelsea could yet return for the soon-to-be-free sporting director.
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?