Paris Saint-Germain’s football advisor Luis Campos has denied rumours that Kylian Mbappe wants to leave the reigning Ligue 1 champions.
The French star had reportedly asked to leave the French giants in January following a breakdown in his relationship with the club’s hierarchy.
The rumours suggested that Mbappe believes the club failed to deliver on the promises they made to him before he put pen to paper on a new deal despite strong interest from Real Madrid.
There was also speculation that Campos would follow him through the exit door, as the 58-year-old also felt betrayed by the club.
However, the Portuguese sporting director spoke out ahead of their Champions League clash with Benfica tonight, claiming the reports are fake.
Speaking to Canal+, Campos said: “I am here to clearly deny. He (Mbappé) did not speak to me or to my president about leaving in January.
“This question never came up, and we never talked about it. There are rumours every day, and we can’t talk about them every day.
“But this one, it is serious because my name is there. An impact on the locker room? No, they are experienced players. It’s not real news anyway, and it’s not going to disrupt the group.”
He then added that the club is in regular contact with the players, and they are working daily to be stronger.
“We speak with Kylian every day, as with Neymar, Danilo, Vitinha and Verratti,” Campos added.
“All the players have their ideas, and we discuss. On recruitment, we talked about it a month ago. It was very clear. And today, we work every day to be stronger.”
Campos also insisted that he would not be going anywhere after his future was thrown into doubt by the reports. “I have a three-year contract with PSG and I am very happy in this house,” he said.
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?