RB Salzburg striker Noah Okafor is emerging as one of Europe’s most sought-after players because of his high-flying form this season.
After coring in three consecutive games in the Champions League, the Swiss striker has courted interest from European heavyweights.
The Rossoneri are keen on signing a young striker next summer, and they have Okafor’s name on their list.
However, they could face a tough battle for his signature, with Calciomercato reporting that Leeds United have joined the race.
The Elland Road outfit were locked in an intense transfer battle with Milan for Charles De Ketelaere this summer, with the Belgian youngster eventually moving to San Siro.
Leeds invested in younger talents in the summer, signing players such as Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams and Wilfried Gnonto.
The Yorkshire club have an excellent relationship with Salzburg due to the presence of Jesse Marsch, who previously served as the manager of the Austrian giants between 2019 and 2021.
It helped them land Rasmus Kristensen from Salzburg during the summer transfer window.
Okafor has racked up a total of 32 goals and 20 assists in 93 appearances for Salzburg, and his contract expired in 2024.
Manchester United, Chelsea and Nottingham Forest are also reportedly in the running for the Swiss sensation.
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game