Juventus are eyeing a move for Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba next summer, according to Spanish outlet Sport.
The Spanish defender has fallen down the pecking order at Barca, featuring in just three La Liga games this season.
Barca manager Xavi has placed more trust on youngster Alejandro Balde, who has been a revelation for the Blaugrana this term.
The 18-year-old La Masia graduate is on course for his breakout campaign, having racked up three assists in five appearances.
It has also been reported that this could be the last season for Barca’s old guard – Alba, Gerard Pique and Sergio Busquets.
There were also reports that Blaugrana tried to loan out Alba to Serie A giants Inter Milan this summer, leaving the Spaniard disappointed.
Juve failed to sign a left-back this summer, leaving them with Alex Sandro and Mattia De Sciglio as underwhelming options.
Sandro’s contract expires in the summer of 2023, and the Old Lady are looking to find an upgrade on the Brazilian.
Alba’s contract at Camp Nou runs until 2024, and Juve can sign him for a considerably lower fee next summer.
Benfica’s Alex Grimaldo is another option the Turin giants are considering as a successor to Sandro.
Juve are going through a lean patch this season, currently eighth in the league table with two wins, one defeat and four draws.
They will look to end their five-match winless run when they face Bologna this weekend.
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?