OGC Nice has set up a meeting with Argentine coach Mauricio Pochettino over taking their head coach role following Lucien Favre’s poor start to the season.
Foot Mercato report that Favre is in a delicate situation, and the authorities of Nice are already searching for alternatives to the Swiss manager.
Nice is 13th in Ligue 1 with only two wins from eight games. In the Europa Conference League, they are third on the table. They have drawn their two games.
The season has not started brightly for Les Aiglons. Favre’s return has not gone according to plans. The authorities would like to address any problems before the rot goes any further.
The last loss was one too many. Nice lost 2-1 to Angers SCO at the Allianz Riviera.
Nice has now set its sights on former Paris Saint-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino.
Pochettino led Les Parisiens to the Ligue 1 title, but their capitulation against Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League was embarrassing. The 50-year-old left after a year-and-a-half in charge of PSG.
Also, PSG dismissed Pochettino as part of a change in the club’s management in renewing Kylian Mbappe’s contract. It marked a change in the club’s sporting direction.
Pochettino, former Tottenham Hotspur boss, could now be in line with a return to management with a surprise appointment at Nice.
The INEOS-backed cub is ambitious and wants to compete at the top of the table, not dwindling into mid-table mediocrity.
They spent around €70 million this summer and will be hoping for an improvement in their performances this season.
Nice will meet Pochettino today to understand his financial demands with Favre’s days at the Cote d’Azur club numbered.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback