Initially missing out on Gareth Southgate’s list due to injury, Henderson will now join the camp in place of Phillips, who withdrew from the squad due to a shoulder injury.
Henderson missed three consecutive games after picking up a hamstring injury during the 2-1 win against Newcastle United. He has recovered completely now.
Henderson’s inclusion will only strengthen an already top-class midfield. However, he is unlikely to be used Southgate given he has only just returned to full fitness.
The 32-year-old’s return is vital for Jurgen Klopp, who has endured a turbulent start to the new season with Liverpool.
The Merseysiders are currently eighth in the Premier League table and have picked up only one win in the Champions League.
Klopp will be hoping for a fresh start after the international break as the Reds face Brighton & Hove Albion on October 1.
Calvin Ramsay, Ibrahima Konate and Caiomhin Kelleher are also expected to return for the clash against the Seagulls.
- Manchester City have no excuse for not winning the Champions League after signing Erling Haaland says Patrice Evra
- Man Utd debate David de Gea contract extension due to spiking wage bill
- Leandro Trossard expresses interest in reuniting with Graham Potter at Chelsea
- Wales vs Poland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Olympique Lyonnais discredits Foot Mercato’s article on Peter Bosz